DESCRIPTION / SYNOPSIS:
The Agricultural Economist will act as a Strategic Advisor to Management, through analysis of relevant market sectors in relation to the economic impact on agricultural activities. A key Function for this role will be to analyze and develop Distribution and Marketing strategies for the Company, based on unique supply and demand factors for each market segment.
- Bachelor of Commerce/ Honours degree in agricultural economics
- 2 – 5 years in an Agricultural Economist Role
- Strong understanding of the SA Farming and Export Market
- Must be willing to travel
- Strong Research, Statistical and Analytical Skills
- Ability to think strategically and solve problems
- Strong time Management and organisational skills
- Identify Business Growth opportunities based on market research
- Analysis of prices and market information on Crops
- Conduct market research with supply and demand fundamentals Conduct supply and demand analysis
- Compile management reports based on customer and market feedback
- Development of Risk Assessment Models
- Conduct Risk and Market Assessments
- Reporting on: Produce analysis, Feasibility, Crop production research, Yield estimates etc.
For similar vacancies and more exciting opportunities please visit our website or follow us on LinkedIn.
Should you meet the above minimum requirements, please submit your CV and a copy of your ID and Qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please quote the TITLE of this vacancy in the subject line of your email as reference. Our consultants will assess your suitability to the vacancy. Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful, however we will retain your CV and details on our database in accordance with POPIA and will contact you in the near future should a suitable position become available.