DESCRIPTION / SYNOPSIS:
We’re in search of An Agriculturalist to join a well-known Agri-production and distribution company, based in The Northern Cape (Kimberley) area. The successful candidate should be “people’s person” with a talent for Networking, and a successful track record in a similar role.
- Tertiary qualification – BA or BTech degree in an agricultural, Horticulture or similar
- AVCASA/BASOS Certificate
- 2 – 4 years’ experience in an Agronomist/Agriculture related role
- Experience in Row Crops/seed production will be advantageous
- A passion and interest in Sales and Business development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills- ability to communicate at various levels
- Must be willing to travel and stay over one or two nights per week
The key performance areas will include:
- Technical support & marketing of the Company’s complete product range in the relevant area – Northern Cape
- Evaluation and introduction of new products.
- Transfer of crop information to agent’s network as well as farmers.
- Plant, evaluate and harvest research trials.
- Statistical processing of trial data and the writing of evaluation reports for local and international collaborators.
- Speeches during farmers’ days and study groups.
- Liaison with local and international collaborators to evaluate new cultivars as well as obtaining license agreements where applicable
- Handling of applications for the listing of new products on the Variety List as well as Plant Breeders’ Rights
- Responsible for managing sales and will be evaluated on a budget basis.
For similar vacancies and more exciting opportunities please follow us on LinkedIn.
Should you meet the above minimum requirements, please submit your CV and a copy of your ID and Qualifications to caroline[at]kingsleyirons.co.za. Please quote the TITLE of this vacancy in the subject line of your email as reference. Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful. However, we will keep your details on record for suitable future roles. Thank you.