SALARY & BENEFITS: R480K CTC P/a neg plus Commission/profit Share plus Bonus
DESCRIPTION / SYNOPSIS:
A large player in the SA Citrus Industry has an opportunity for an ambitious Agriculture professional, who will join the Management Team in the role of Area Manager. The role will oversee the commercial production and distribution of citrus trees, whilst ensuring standards of excellence and expanding the company’s sales presence in the area. A high level of technical expertise and knowledge of farm/production and nursery operations are essential in this exciting role, which is earmarked for Development to a Directorship role in future.
- Bsc Agriculture/Horticulture or similar
- 3 – 5 years experience in agriculture / nursery industry
- Working knowledge of the various crops
- Relevant Industry Certification eg AVCASA will be beneficial
- Strong Networking ability and Technical Crop Knowledge
- Staff Management experience
- Budgeting and Reporting experience
Reporting to the GM, the Area Manager will be responsible for Management of all technical aspects of the Nursery, including operations, marketing and research. You will be expected to strategically evaluate operations for improvements and efficiencies, monitor markets for new opportunities for expansion locally and in Africa, and represent the company at Events, functions and Symposia.
KPA’s will include:
- Product Research and Development
- Presenting strategic research projects
- Oversee implementation of research and development and reporting of R&D findings
- Operations / Production Management
- Product and service quality and standards
- Business development and Client communication
There is excellent earning potential for this role, as well as a clear growth-development plan for the successful incumbent. Accommodation and relocation assistance will be provided for candidates who need to relocate.
For similar vacancies and more exciting opportunities please follow us on LinkedIn.
Should you meet the above minimum requirements, please submit your CV and a copy of your ID and Qualifications to caroline[at]kingsleyirons.co.za. Please quote the TITLE of this vacancy in the subject line of your email as reference. Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful. However, we will keep your details on record for suitable future roles. Thank you.