SALARY AND BENEFITS: R450 000 – R600 000 CTC p/a
LOCATION: West Rand, JHB
DESCRIPTION / SYNOPSIS:
This well renowned manufacturing company based on the West Rand is looking for an experienced Cost analyst to join their finance team. They will work directly with all divisions of the business and are required to be both strong with cost and financial accounting. This individual requires strong analytical skills and needs be able to work efficiently and independently.
- Grade 12
- Equivalent Completed CIMA qualification
- 5 years manufacturing costing experience
- Extensive SAP experience
- Maintain the standard costs of stock items within SAP as well as monitoring goods on water and cycle count variances.
- Analyse factory related costs and variance accounts to ensure that they have been accurately allocated.
- Reconcile and process transactions that relate to the financial accounting aspects of the factory.
- Review and analyse the purchase price variance report and master data change report.
- Liaise with operational departments.
- Maintain and monitor cycle counts.
- Process month end journals.
- Perform month end reconciliations.
- Investigate master data reports and purchase price variance reports for unusual transactions and ensure that these reports are authorised by the Cost Accountant.
- Obtain price lists from purchasing.
- Manage change requests and ensure new item costing updates are performed.
- Ensure that the necessary authorisations are obtained for cost updates and cycle counts.
- Prepare and maintain periodic standard cost files.
- Ensure that standard costs are the same across all sites.
- Run weekly SAP tasks.
- Review variance accounts and factory expense accounts for any misallocations and process the necessary journal entries.
- Monitor and distribute the inter branch goods in transit report.
- Circulate the production hours to operations.
- Calculate and analyse the cost centre rates for the factories.
- Monitoring of work orders for ageing and validity.
- Support Cost and Management accountant during stock take.
- Weekly inventory and age analysis reporting.
- Assist with audit requests as required
- Leadership Competencies
- Accurate and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Tenacity Team player
- Planning and organising skills
- Customer orientated
- Analytically minded
- Ability to work under pressure
For similar vacancies and more exciting opportunities please follow us on LinkedIn.
Should you meet the above minimum requirements, please submit your CV and a copy of your ID and Qualifications to tarryn [at]kingsleyirons.co.za. Please quote the TITLE of this vacancy in the subject line of your email as reference. Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful. However, we will keep your details on record for suitable future roles. Thank you.