LOCATION: Limpopo – Hoedspruit/Tzaneen
SALARY: R500-R600K p/a neg
DESCRIPTION / SYNOPSIS:
Reporting to the Top Management, the Entomologist will be responsible for controlling and reporting on the Integrated Pest management of the group farms.
The Group Companies will rely in your expertize in Assessing, evaluating and managing IPM, using a combination of biological, cultural, physical/mechanical and chemical management.
- BSc Degree, BSc honours or MSc Masters in Environmental Science (Integrated Pest Management) and/or equivalent qualification
- Strong Knowledge, understanding and theory of Integrated Pest Management
- At least 2-5 years’ experience as an Entomologist
- Citrus industry experience would be seen as a big advantage
- Proficient knowledge and/or practical experience in fertilising and spraying management within the citrus industry
- Strong understanding of quality management assurance and export compliance with in the export industry would be seen as an added advantage
- IPM Management, including Weekly farm visits/inspections, Planning, identification, controlling, evaluation, analysis and prevention of the pest management of the farms
- Weekly and monthly reporting to farm and senior management
- Assistant to the Group Quality Manager with regards to the export compliance, and export market compliance audits annually or as required.
The successful candidate must be willing to travel in and around the Limpopo area for Farm Visits and inspections.
For similar vacancies and more exciting opportunities please follow us on LinkedIn.
Should you meet the above minimum requirements, please submit your CV and a copy of your ID and Qualifications to caroline[at]kingsleyirons.co.za. Please quote the TITLE of this vacancy in the subject line of your email as reference. Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful. However, we will keep your details on record for suitable future roles. Thank you.