SALARY AND BENEFITS: R420K – R500K CTC Neg
LOCATION: Free State
DESCRIPTION / SYNOPSIS:
A well-established Fruit Producer based in the Free State has a new and exciting role available for an experienced Farm Manager, with a background in Nursery and operations Management. The position will report direct to the Company MD and will be a critical positon in terms of the overall success of the day to day operations.
- Degree in Agriculture/Horticulture preferred
- At least 3-5 Farm Management Experience, preferably in a commercial nursery operation
- Experience in Stock Management, Maintenance and Irrigation Essential
- Strong Business and Financial Accumen
- Exceptional organisational and Staff management skills
The Farm Operations Manager will be report to the Company MD, and be involved operationally in all aspects of the Farm’s Day to day Management and Operations, including;
- Maintenance for farm buildings, roads, irrigation infrastructure, vehicles etc.
- Oversight of Farm and nursery operations- including propagation, propagation and harvesting of rootstocks, production, pest and disease management, irrigation management
- Staff Management, wages and related all administration
- Budgeting and reporting;
- Procurement and inventory management;
- Liaise with Suppliers
- Preparation for successful certification audits.
- Other ad hoc responsibilities
For similar vacancies and more exciting opportunities please follow us on LinkedIn.
Should you meet the above minimum requirements, please submit your CV and a copy of your ID and Qualifications to caroline[at]kingsleyirons.co.za. Please quote the TITLE of this vacancy in the subject line of your email as reference. Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful. However, we will keep your details on record for suitable future roles. Thank you.