SALARY AND BENEFITS: R550K – R650K P/a Neg + Housing Provided
LOCATION: Natal Midlands/Mooirivier
DESCRIPTION / SYNOPSIS:
An award winning Boutique Hotel and Restaurant, situated on the Picturesque Midlands Meander, is recruiting for a Hotel General Manager, to be responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel, day-to-day staff management, maintenance and Administration.
Five Star Service and Creating an exceptional customer experience will be the primary Objective for the Hotel General Manager. The successful candidate must also be able to guide employees to work as a well-functioning team, fostering a culture of Excellence and Teamwork.
- Bachelor’s degree or similar in Hospitality Management
- 5 – 10 years’ Hotel General Management experience, including Hotel Restaurant Management
- 2 – 3 years Food & Beverage experience
- Experience/Passion for Gardening/Garden Design and Landscaping
- Experience in Haute Cuisine and Fine Wine Pairings
- Experience in Guest Relations/Customer Service
- Strong Administration and Organizational skills
- Staff Management Experience
- Knowledge of Hotel Management Best Practices.
The Hotel General Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Manage Front of House Staff, ensuring an Exceptional Guest Reception.
- Oversee and manage overall operations of the hotel, including but not limited to, Front Office, Bookings and Sales, Guests Travel Arrangements etc.
- Manage Chef and kitchen teams, oversee and manage Food & Beverage Stock Takes
- Manage Housekeeping Teams – Manage the staff, shifts,
- Manage Grading requirements for rooms.
- Manage Gardeners and Garden Maintenance staff, ensuring that the Hotel Grounds are always immaculate.
- Special Projects – Manage special projects as required to enhance the business offerings
- Liaising with event planners/corporates/wedding planners etc. for Hosted Events and other functions.
This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills due to the need to liaise with clients, vendors, internal departments, management and staff. Due to the nature of the industry and position, the successful candidate must be willing and able to work irregular and long hours. Flexibility, passion and a ‘can do’ attitude will be essential to success in this diverse position.
Perks include; Accommodation on site, beautiful views, Interesting clientele, stunning scenery and a taste of the finer things in life!
For similar vacancies and more exciting opportunities please follow us on LinkedIn.
Should you meet the above minimum requirements, please submit your CV and a copy of your ID and Qualifications to caroline [at]kingsleyirons.co.za. Please quote the TITLE of this vacancy in the subject line of your email as reference. Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful. However, we will keep your details on record for suitable future roles. Thank you.