SALARY: R550K – R700K CTC p/a Neg
BENEFITS: ACCOMODATION AVAILABLE
DESCRIPTION / SYNOPSIS:
Exciting opportunity for a passionate Nursery Professional to join one of SA’s largest fruit farming operations. The Nursery Manager will be Responsible for the overall operations and administration of a large scale commercial Fruit Nursery and Greenhouse, based in Limpopo, SA.
- Degree in Agricultural Management or equivalent
- Excellent Knowledge of cultivation/ production of crops
- 5 years’ Experience in Greenhouse/Nursery Management
- Experience in Clonal techniques, Hydroponics and Aquaponics
- Knowledge of concepts relating to biology, soil preparation, cultivation, pest, and disease control.
- Knowledge of Herbicides, Insecticides, Fungicides, Insect repellents, pheromones, and traps, Plant bio-stimulant, Stress Reducer, Growth Enhancers, Colour Enhancer, Insecticides, Elicitors etc.
- Ideally a Mechanically inclined, operational individual with the ability to manage and maintain farm infrastructure/structures/buildings etc.
- Strong staff management experience.
- Production: Co-ordinate production processes for cultivation, and production
- Planting and Grafting
- Pre-Harvest and Post Harvest Management
- Manage Chemical and Fertilizer programs
- Manage issues relating to ecology, soils, plant biology, insects, micro-organisms, and pest management.
- Staff Management- manage a team of Production, technical staff and labourers.
- Sales Team support – technical advice and demonstration trials.
- Advisory in fields of expertise – plant pathology, horticulture, entomology, and Marketing.
- Administration and finances for Nursery.
For similar vacancies and more exciting opportunities please follow us on LinkedIn.
Should you meet the above minimum requirements, please submit your CV and a copy of your ID and Qualifications to caroline[at]kingsleyirons.co.za. Please quote the TITLE of this vacancy in the subject line of your email as reference. Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful. However, we will keep your details on record for suitable future roles. Thank you.