Control room operator
SALARY: R150 000 – R200 000 CTC p/a + Over time
DESCRIPTION / SYNOPSIS:
The candidate must be a qualified artisan in order to perform electrical and mechanical maintenance on process equipment. The chosen candidate must have strong communication skills and the ability to recognise trends and anomalies in operational data. Pro-active problem solving and an ability to effectively troubleshoot in a team are essential traits. The operator must be prepared to work on a rotational shift basis with occasional overtime.
- Qualified artisan (Fitter / electrician / millwright)
- Electrical certification beneficial
- Driver’s license
- Basic first aid & firefighting training preferred
- Fluent in Afrikaans and English
- At least 2 – 3 years of experience in mechanical and electrical maintenance on power generation/continuous process plants.
- Hands-on experience in the maintenance and repair of CHP (combined heat & power) units or other major rotating equipment.
- Hands-on experience in the maintenance and repair of electrical equipment and instrumentation in the CHPs.
- Hands-on experience in the maintenance and repair of hydraulic systems.
- Hands-on experience in the maintenance of static equipment.
- Hands-on experience in the maintenance and repair of PLC’s and control equipment.
- Hands-on experience in the maintenance, repair and testing of protection equipment, generators, fire & gas and basic SCADA systems.
The operators main responsibilities will include:
- The continuous monitoring and control of all operational parameters of the waste-to-value process plant.
- Safe and continuous operation mechanical and electrical process equipment and plant instrumentation.
- Follow start-up and shut-down procedures of both the entire plant and the individual process units.
- Strictly adhere to, promote and ensure the enforcement of HSSE rules and practices.
- Record and log production figures, downtime events, maintenance events and anomalies in the operating parameters electronically.
- Asset integrity management.
- Follow out preventative maintenance schedules on plant process equipment.
- Report any and all plant issues or parameter anomalies to the site manager.
- Maintain housekeeping standards on the plant.
For similar vacancies and more exciting opportunities please follow us on LinkedIn.
Should you meet the above minimum requirements, please submit your CV and a copy of your ID and Qualifications to admin[at]kingsleyirons.co.za. Please quote the TITLE of this vacancy in the subject line of your email as reference. Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful. However, we will keep your details on record for suitable future roles. Thank you.