SALARY AND BENEFITS: R500K- R700K CTC p/a neg, based on Experience and qualifictions
DESCRIPTION / SYNOPSIS:
Exciting career opportunity for an Established Research Professional to join a well-established Agricultural Group, in the role of Product Research Manager. The successful candidate should have sound knowledge and experience of different crops and pest scenarios, as well as knowledge and experience of agrichemical research trial procedures, specifically Pesticides. The Purpose of the role will be to assist the company in identifying, researching, developing and registering new products and extending current registrations for crop input products including remedies, fertilisers, adjuvants, organic and biocides, ensuring that R & D resources are used most efficiently and cost effectively.
- Bsc Hons in Agronomy/Horticulture/Plant Pathology or similar
- Croplife SA Crop Protection course and or BASOS Certificate
- 3 – 5 years working experience in agrichemical product R&D environment
- Regulatory Experience is essential, specifically Act 36
- Sound knowledge and experience of IPM and bio-strategies.
- Experience in ARM research software will be an advantage
- Continually identify and explore new product opportunities and to extend current products across all ranges and with a particularly strong focus on expending biological and biostimulant product ranges
- Communicate with current and potential partners, suppliers, research bodies and learning institutions as necessary to identify and explore potential opportunities.
- Working with Management to assess commercial and technical feasibilities and to compile commercial and technical motivations for proposed R&D projects/activities.
- Report and dossier compilations for Act 36 product registrations.
- Liaise pro-actively with Act36 office as necessary to facilitate efficient and speedy registration processing.
- Oversee internal R&D trial team’s trials.
This role will require a clear understanding of RSA agricultural market, with the ability to align R&D activities with sales (commercial and market expectations).
The position is based in PTA, but will require some travel nationally.
For similar vacancies and more exciting opportunities please follow us on LinkedIn.
Should you meet the above minimum requirements, please submit your CV and a copy of your ID and Qualifications to caroline[at]kingsleyirons.co.za. Please quote the TITLE of this vacancy in the subject line of your email as reference. Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful. However, we will keep your details on record for suitable future roles. Thank you.