SALARY AND BENEFITS: R400K CTC P/A Neg
LOCATION: KZN- Natal Midlands- Mooiriver
DESCRIPTION / SYNOPSIS:
One of SA’s fast growing biocontrol companies’ has an exciting position available for a scientifically minded and technically inclined Production professional, with a passion for Sustainable agriculture, to join in the role of Production Manager. The purpose of the Production Manager is to plan, coordinate, and control the manufacturing processes of the company to ensure the quality of its products and the efficiency of its supply chain and processes.
- Completed Degree in Production/Operations/Agricultural Production/Microbiology
- Experience in an agricultural technology business/Industrial microbiology or microbial biotechnology environment will secure.
- Passion and knowledge of Sustainable Agriculture, and current and future industry Trends,
- +/- 10 years of production management experience
- Excellent communication, numeracy and computer literacy skills.
- Proficiency in SAGE 300 will be beneficial
- Experience in reporting on key production metrics
- Excellent organizational and leaderships skills
The Production Manager is responsible for pre-production planning, as well as controlling and supervising the company’s manufacturing functions. This involves managing the flow of product through raw material purchasing, in-house manufacturing, to finished goods warehouse to ensure timely delivery of the product at every stage.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Manage and support SHEQ initiatives and objectives.
- Define, propose and implement the annual production planning.
- Cost management of products and assist with new product costings models.
- Analyse budgets and continuously control production costs and identify/rectify waste measures.
- Manage all activities within the production process, including maintenance and the workforce.
- Assist with logistics, warehousing and stock of raw materials used in production.
- Manage all teams within your production department (contracts/leave/pay).
- Create and implement organisational/production changes on an operative level.
- Focus on growing business and revenue by implementing necessary changes to product/production line to enter new markets or grow existing territories.
The successful candidate should have experience and expertise in Identifying problems and implementing preventative strategies to minimise risk. They should have strong problem-solving skills, analytic ability and very detail-oriented, with a strong understanding and deep knowledge of Manufacturing processes and models, production efficiencies and staff management.
For similar vacancies and more exciting opportunities please follow us on LinkedIn.
Should you meet the above minimum requirements, please submit your CV and a copy of your ID and Qualifications to caroline[at]kingsleyirons.co.za. Please quote the TITLE of this vacancy in the subject line of your email as reference. Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful. However, we will keep your details on record for suitable future roles. Thank you.