SALARY AND BENEFITS: Negotiable based on Experience
DESCRIPTION / SYNOPSIS:
The Vaccines Production Manager plays a key role in the Organization, and shall be responsible for managing the production of bacterial vaccines and diagnostic reagents in accordance with policies and procedures, and reporting in accordance with Company Objectives. The successful candidate should have a solid track record in managing production and driving efficiencies, as well as a good technical understanding of aseptic production techniques.
- BSc or BTech Degree in Biological Science/ /Microbiology/ Bacteriology/Biochemistry/Biotechnology/ Industrial biotechnology
- 3- 5 years’ experience in production management, working with fermenters and quality management systems
- Experience in large-scale propagation of bacterial antigens and toxins advantageous
- Sound knowledge of fermentation processes
- technical understanding of bio-reactors/fermenters
- Staff Management experience, including training and development, performance reviews and coaching.
The successful candidate will manage the production planning for the department, and Oversee the production processes to final product. Compliance to SOP’s and Manufacturing Protocols, Maintain ISO 9001/cGMP compliance, and Health and Safety Requirements will form a large part of the overall job.
You will be expected to ensure calibration, validation of equipment and keep records, Manage production quality management systems, Ensure process and equipment validation and support R & D.
For more details on this role, please get in touch ASAP!
For similar vacancies and more exciting opportunities please follow us on LinkedIn.
Should you meet the above minimum requirements, please submit your CV and a copy of your ID and Qualifications to caroline[at]kingsleyirons.co.za. Please quote the TITLE of this vacancy in the subject line of your email as reference. Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful. However, we will keep your details on record for suitable future roles. Thank you.