SALARY: R 500 000 – R 750 000 CTC p/a neg
DESCRIPTION / SYNOPSIS:
Our Client, a World Class Agricultural company based in Limpopo, SA, seeks to employ a suitably qualified and experienced Production Technical Manager.
The Production Technical Manager will report to the GM, and be responsible for critically evaluating, testing and introducing new technologies, products and services into the business, ensuring that yields and produce quality are optimised.
The ideal candidate will be someone with expert technical knowledge in fertilization and fertigation, irrigation, pollination, disease and insect control, root and soil health and tree canopy maintenance.
- BSc Agriculture / MSc Agriculture or Horticulture
- 5 years’ extensive experience farming in Sub tropical Fruit and Nut crops
- A Detailed understanding of farming procedures and protocols and the accreditations with which they must be aligned
- Ensure that all farming procedures and protocols are clearly defined, adopted and effectively implemented through the African farming operations;
- Provide technical guidance to the Operations to ensure continuous improvements in yields and produce quality;
- It will be required that production data, yield and fruit quality trends be evaluated with the objective of guiding operational decisions in reviewing yield curves, improving yields and fruit quality;
- Involved in strategic decisions with regards to orchard replants and new developments.
- As best practices are refined and/or new technologies, products and services are offered to the industry, these are to be critically evaluated, tested and introduced into the business.
For similar vacancies and more exciting opportunities please visit our website or follow us on LinkedIn.
Should you meet the above minimum requirements, please submit your CV and a copy of your ID and Qualifications to email@example.com .
Please quote the TITLE of this vacancy in the subject line of your email as reference. Our consultants will assess your suitability to the vacancy. Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful, however we will retain your CV and details on our database in accordance with POPIA and will contact you in the near future should a suitable position become available.