LOCATION: Grabouw, Western Cape
SALARY: R 500k – R 600k CTC p/a
DESCRIPTION / SYNOPSIS:
Leader in Fruit Farming requires an experienced QA Manager. The ideal candidate is someone that is passionate about Fruit Quality and who enjoys working in a faced paced production environment. The main purpose of the role is to ensure that fruit quality standards are maintained throughout the cold storage and packaging value chain.
- Grade 12
- A Diploma or Degree in Horticulture
- A minimum of three years relevant experience with Fruit Quality
- Previous experience in managing a Quality Assurance Team preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Audit, maintain and continuously improve handling protocols that will allow fruit quality to be preserved through the storage and packing process.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders on seasonal storage plan to ensure that the right fruit is identified for the right storage, packing and marketing window.
- Ensure that income earning potential is maximised through correct selection of fruit for packing for specific markets and managing quality assurance of the final product.
- Maintain and continuously improve the quality control systems that monitor and reports QC information from time of receiving, through storage, sorting, packing, pallet storage and dispatch.
- Maintain the quality management system that will ensure compliance to food safety systems (e.g. BRC, HACCP).
- Lead, train and develop the quality assurance team.
For similar vacancies and more exciting opportunities please follow us on LinkedIn.
Should you meet the above minimum requirements, please submit your CV and a copy of your ID and Qualifications to isabeau[at]kingsleyirons.co.za. Please quote the TITLE of this vacancy in the subject line of your email as reference. Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful. However, we will keep your details on record for suitable future roles. Thank you.