SUB TITLE: Research and Development Manager
SALARY AND BENEFITS: R500 000 – R 840 000 p/a
LOCATION: Centurion, Gauteng
DESCRIPTION / SYNOPSIS:
A Fast growing, innovating Cosmetics Manufacturer based in Centurion looking for an R & D Manager to assist with New formulations as well as assist across production and with purchasing.
- Btech /Bcom Degree in Chemical or Pharmaceutical
- 5 years’ experience in manufacturing in R&D
- 10 – 20 years working experience in a cosmetic type industry
- Quality Management experience is beneficial
The incumbent is will be act as the plant R&D Manager reporting to the Head of R&D. Responsibilities include:
- Formulation development across skin, face and haircare
- Supervision and technical support to the factory process teams (verifying batch integrity, providing inputs to production and planning)
- Support procurement efforts through direct interfacing and negotiation with suppliers on raw materials
- Provide marketing support through claim verification, testing and ideation
- Formalize and operationalize quality process across the manufacturing supply chain, from raw material receiving to pre-ship verification
- Train and coach supervisors on raising quality standards and statistical verification of on-line product
- Assist the Quality Manager in change over, batch-release and pre-ship verification
- Run point on utility quality testing and correction if required
For similar vacancies and more exciting opportunities please follow us on LinkedIn.
Should you meet the above minimum requirements, please submit your CV and a copy of your ID and Qualifications to tarryn[at]kingsleyirons.co.za. Please quote the TITLE of this vacancy in the subject line of your email as reference. Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful. However, we will keep your details on record for suitable future roles. Thank you.