LOCATION: Limpopo – Tzaneen
SALARY: R600K – R670K p/a neg
DESCRIPTION / SYNOPSIS:
Excellent Opportunity for a qualified Horticulturalist to join the Research team of a world class Agricultural Group. The incumbent requires the ability to work independently and to manage his/her own research budget. Strong communication skills and the ability to transfer research outcomes to practical implementation, will be essential in this positon.
- A degree in Horticulture, Plant Pathology or Breeding; an MSc is preferred.
- At least 3 Years’ experience in agriculture (fruit production)
- Staff Management Experience
- Experience in leading and managing Research Projects, staff, resources and budgets in a commercial environment.
- The incumbent must be willing to travel both locally and internationally
- The successful incumbent will be responsible for conducting horticultural research to optimize the productivity and quality of trees and fruit. This includes;
- Conduct field and post-harvest trials
- Plan, develop and manage large scale operational research orchards
- Maintain and Analyze research data.
For similar vacancies and more exciting opportunities please follow us on LinkedIn.
Should you meet the above minimum requirements, please submit your CV and a copy of your ID and Qualifications to caroline[at]kingsleyirons.co.za. Please quote the TITLE of this vacancy in the subject line of your email as reference. Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful. However, we will keep your details on record for suitable future roles. Thank you.