SALARY AND BENEFITS: R550K – R650K p/a neg
LOCATION: Limpopo – Tzaneen
DESCRIPTION / SYNOPSIS:
Excellent Opportunity for a qualified Horticulturalist to join the Research team of a world class Agricultural Group. The incumbent requires the ability to work independently and to manage his/her own research budget. Tree and fruit health, and long-term sustainability are a key output.
- A degree with research majors in Horticulture, Botany, Plant Protection, Plant Pathology or Breeding; an MSc is preferred.
- Post University Published Research Publications
- At least 3 Years’ experience in agricultural research (ideally fruit production)
- The incumbent must be willing to travel both locally and internationally
- The incumbent requires the ability to foresee and identify problems, anticipate and evaluate possible solutions to new and existing problems, by combining and applying knowledge, information and consulting expertise from a variety of sources to effectively arrive at appropriate solutions.
- The successful incumbent will be responsible for conducting horticultural research to optimize the productivity and quality of trees and fruit. This includes;
- Conduct field and post-harvest trials
- Plan, develop and manage large scale operational research orchards
- Maintain and Analyze research data.
For similar vacancies and more exciting opportunities please follow us on LinkedIn.
Should you meet the above minimum requirements, please submit your CV and a copy of your ID and Qualifications to caroline[at]kingsleyirons.co.za. Please quote the TITLE of this vacancy in the subject line of your email as reference. Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful. However, we will keep your details on record for suitable future roles. Thank you.