SALARY AND BENEFITS: Negotiable based on Experience
LOCATION: Limpopo – Tzaneen
DESCRIPTION / SYNOPSIS:
Our Client, a World Class Agricultural company based in Limpopo, SA, seeks to employ a suitably qualified and experienced Research Professional.
The ideal candidate will be someone with expert knowledge of Research Methodology, specifically in the field of plant pathology with focus on applied science of controlling diseases. A Pathology Research background and qualification is essential, and it will be ideal if the candidate has a background in Subtropical Fruit Trees or Citrus.
- PhD or MSc in Plant Pathology/Plant Breeding/Crop Protection etc
- 5 – 10 years’ practical experience in agricultural research field (preferably fruit tree crops)
- Experience in Developing and executing market access strategies aligned with company objectives
- Expert knowledge of research methodology – High level of professional expertise in the field of plant pathology with focus on the applied science of controlling diseases
- Expert knowledge of report writing Sound knowledge of staff management
- Experience in Stats programmes e.g. Statistica will be beneficial
The successful incumbent requires the ability to foresee and identify problems, anticipate and evaluate possible solutions to new and existing problems, by combining and applying knowledge, information and consulting expertise from a variety of sources to effectively arrive at appropriate solutions. You will be responsible for the implementation of the Plant Pathology research programme, which includes undertaking individual research at world specialist level.
You will be required to manage subordinate research staff and the Department’s Pathology research budget.
For similar vacancies and more exciting opportunities please follow us on LinkedIn.
Should you meet the above minimum requirements, please submit your CV and a copy of your ID and Qualifications to caroline[at]kingsleyirons.co.za. Please quote the TITLE of this vacancy in the subject line of your email as reference. Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful. However, we will keep your details on record for suitable future roles. Thank you.