SALARY AND BENEFITS: R700K CTC p/a Neg
DESCRIPTION / SYNOPSIS:
Unique opportunity for a qualified Plant Pathologist to join a world class Agricultural Operation. The successful incumbent will be responsible for the implementation of the Plant Pathology research programme, which includes undertaking individual research at world specialist level, with the aim of maximising profits for the Company.
- PhD or MSc in Plant Pathology
- At least 5 years’ practical experience in agricultural research field (preferably fruit tree crops)
- Expert knowledge of research methodology – High level of professional expertise in the field of plant pathology with focus on the applied science of controlling diseases
- Expert knowledge of report writing
- Sound knowledge of staff management
- Experience in Stats programmes e.g. Statistica will be beneficial
The incumbent requires the ability to foresee and identify problems, anticipate and evaluate possible solutions to new and existing problems, by combining and applying knowledge, information and consulting expertise from a variety of sources to effectively arrive at appropriate solutions. Tree and fruit health, and long-term sustainability are a key output. The incumbent will manage subordinate research staff as well as the Pathology research budget. It is necessary that the incumbent have good communication skills and be able to communicate with clients and researchers at all levels on an international scale.
For similar vacancies and more exciting opportunities please follow us on LinkedIn.
Should you meet the above minimum requirements, please submit your CV and a copy of your ID and Qualifications to caroline[at]kingsleyirons.co.za. Please quote the TITLE of this vacancy in the subject line of your email as reference. Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful. However, we will keep your details on record for suitable future roles. Thank you.