LOCATION: Cape Town
SALARY: R 300 000 – R 360 000 p/a
DESCRIPTION / SYNOPSIS:
Extremely successful and established organisation based in Cape Town Southern Suburbs is looking for a senior accountant to join their expanding team
- Suitable financial degree
- Articles (SAIPA OR SAICA) + Minimum 1-year commercial accounting experience
- Must have own reliable transport
- Review of one or two accountant’s work, including but not limited to monthly transactional processing, cash books, ledgers, journals and management accounts, providing feedback and on-the-job training as needed
- Preparation and passing of journals
- Preparation of monthly management accounts from ledgers and/or source records for the parent entity, reporting to senior management in monthly management meetings on these as well as subsidiary entities’ management accounts
- Responsible for ensuring accurate and appropriate annual financial statements are prepared, liaising with and managing external accountants as needed
- Oversee annual audits, liaising with and management auditors
- Assisting with implementation of accounting systems and policies; implementing improvements in procedures and processes as directed, in a timely manner
- Execution of any investment related transactions – additions or disposals – related administration and payments etc.
Cash Flow and budgeting:
- Day to day treasury and cash flow monitoring and management, in conjunction with the Finance Manager
- Daily monitoring of bank accounts of various entities (multi-currency – EUR/GBP/USD/ZAR)
- Administration of payments on Online banking (All companies have bi-monthly and Ad-hoc payments)
- Managing and maintaining debtors
- Managing and maintaining creditors
- Maintain relationship and all interactions with private equity partners and brokers on investments, dividend payments, loan capital repayments and interest payments in line with agreements concluded
- Preparation and overview of annual budgets, interim forecasts and cashflows, monitoring against actuals and addressing any discrepancies
- Management and oversight of all assets within the group (properties, art, listed shares, unlisted shares, funds, etc.) ensuring all key risks are continually reviewed and addressed with senior management
- Oversight of art collection & related administration and risks, ensuring art team records are accurate and collection being management in line with agreements
- Ensure compliance with annual insurance requirements across all asset classes, liaising with insurance brokers for annual review and changes to policies
Compliance, taxes and secretarial:
- Preparation of tax calculations for individuals and companies’ provisional and final income tax payable (multiple jurisdictions), liaising with and managing external tax advisors as required
- Preparation and review of VAT reports for submission to SARS
- Manage & oversee secretarial maintenance of statutory documentation, ensuring compliance
- Responsible for all KYC/AML requests and requirements
- Responsible for preparation of resolutions and meeting minutes
- Responsible for administering service providers in setting up companies, suppliers, new bank accounts etc.
- Assist with administering changes to group structure across different jurisdictions if applicable
- Responsible for drafting any contracts/agreements as needed – loans, investments, guarantee agreements etc.
- Responsible for management of data and filing, ensuring that all necessary information is filed appropriately and accurately, responsible for maintenance of data files and records across all entities
- Responsible for resolving all SARS/other tax authorities and regulatory related queries and reviews as applicable
External and internal reporting/communication:
- Preparation of internal or external adhoc reporting/analysis, including bi-annual board meeting packs
- Preparation of monthly covenant tests for external financiers
- Point of contact for external and internal stakeholders as needed (local and international)
Given that the group is owned by a single family, ad hoc tasks will be assigned on a regular basis.
- Any other finance and administrative related tasks as and when required.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Very comfortable dealing with local and international stakeholders via e-mail and telephone, some of whom English is not their first language
- Excellent communication skills (keeping stakeholders informed, managing up and down)
- Comfortable dealing with a variety of people at different levels including senior management and directors
- Ensure accuracy of own and others work (where applicable)
- Deadline driven
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to conduct self-review processes
- Positive can-do attitude
- Problem solving
For similar vacancies and more exciting opportunities please visit our website or follow us on LinkedIn.
Should you meet the above minimum requirements, please submit your CV and a copy of your ID and Qualifications to admin (at) kingsleyirons .co .za . Please quote the TITLE of this vacancy in the subject line of your email as reference. Our consultants will assess your suitability to the vacancy. Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful, however we will retain your CV and details on our database in accordance with POPIA and will contact you in the near future should a suitable position become available.