SALARY AND BENEFITS: Negotiable depending on experience/qualifications.
DESCRIPTION / SYNOPSIS:
Our client is a leader in the Industry and is offering an opportunity to a suitably qualified, experienced and energetic Packhouse Manager, to join their operations in Tzaneen. The successful incumbent will be responsible for co-ordination and supervision of all Packhouse-related activities. They will provide sound leadership and management to ensure quality product output, accuracy and consistency in Packhouse processes and documentation, with a focus on ensuring the highest standards of health and safety.
- A degree in Industrial or Agricultural Engineering and/or Agricultural Science
- Experience working with BRC or HACCP
- Minimum of 5 years’ packhouse experience
- Sound knowledge of Paltrac System
- Minimum of (5) years’ experience managing a large team in production environment
- Fully computer literate (MS Office – Word and Excel, Microsoft AX)
- Knowledge/experience in subtropical-fruit-packing industry will be Highly advantageous.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- The management and implementation of all operational functions on the pack line including sorting, grading, packaging and dispatching
- Ensure production and quality targets are met at all times- Record all relevant production and technical data and present daily production progress reports to Senior Management;
- Ensuring the adherence to local and international food safety standards and requirements.
- Managing a large workforce; and responsible for Pro-active planning of staff and Effective employee relations
- Manage stock and other resources with internal departments.
- Present daily production progress and planning reports at Management meetings, against set targets/objectives
- Preparing for and handling external audits
This is a challenging position offering excellent long term growth opportunities for the successful candidate. Success in this role will depend on excellent time management and organizational skills, strong numerical and reporting abilities, and a dedicated, self-motivated, “Can-do” attitude!
For similar vacancies and more exciting opportunities please follow us on LinkedIn.
Should you meet the above minimum requirements, please submit your CV and a copy of your ID and Qualifications to caroline[at]kingsleyirons.co.za. Please quote the TITLE of this vacancy in the subject line of your email as reference. Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful. However, we will keep your details on record for suitable future roles. Thank you.