SALARY & BENEFITS: R70K – R100K p/m neg & Accommodation
DESCRIPTION / SYNOPSIS:
The Senior Production Manager will work under the Management and Mentorship of the Company’s MD, with an excellent long term succession plan in mind for the successful candidate.
This is a Senior Role and critical in terms of the company’s future growth objectives, and will require a seasoned candidate with a proven industry track record.
- A degree in Agriculture and related Industry Courses/Certifications
- Knowledge and experience of the Agriculture industry and Fruit Export in SA
- Extensive Knowledge and experience of citrus and table grape production
- General Large Scale, Intensive Farm Operations Management experience
- Knowledge of accreditation and export requirements
- Knowledge of Global Gap, HACCP etc
- Knowledge of BCEA and general HR Best Practice
- Strong staff management experience
- Knowledge of farming equipment and machinery, maintenance etc.
Overall responsibility for the Management of 300 ha of citrus and 120 ha of table grapes;
- Management of labour and evaluating labour productivity
- Manages time and attendance for labour teams
- Train, mentor and upskill Production Management Team (15 staff) and Labour Force (up to 1000 workers)
- Production Planning and Supervising all production activities
- Annual Financial Planning, Costing/Budgeting
- Harvest estimates and forecasting
- Identifies and manages potential safety and security issues
- Supervises all steps of the production process including planting, fertilizing, harvesting, and packing
- Supervise the packhouses and packhouse labour force
- Procurement, negotiating and liaising with suppliers
- Manage pest control programmes
- Manage weed and fungus control programmes
- Manages irrigation programmes
- Manage suppliers, chemicals, fertilizers etc.
- Management of Farm Infrastructure, buildings, equipment and machinery.
Excellent package, accommodation and benefits on offer!
For similar vacancies and more exciting opportunities please follow us on LinkedIn.
Should you meet the above minimum requirements, please submit your CV and a copy of your ID and Qualifications to caroline[at]kingsleyirons.co.za. Please quote the TITLE of this vacancy in the subject line of your email as reference. Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful. However, we will keep your details on record for suitable future roles. Thank you.