SALARY AND BENEFITS: Negotiable based on Experience
DESCRIPTION / SYNOPSIS:
Our Client, a World Class Agricultural company based in Limpopo, SA, seeks to employ a suitably qualified and experienced Research Professional.
The ideal candidate will be someone with expert knowledge of Research Methodology, specifically in the field of plant pathology with focus on applied science of controlling diseases. A Pathology Research background and qualification is essential, and it will be ideal if the candidate has a background in Subtropical Fruit Trees or Citrus.
- PhD or MSc in Plant Pathology
- 5 – 10 years’ practical experience in agricultural research field (preferably fruit tree crops)
- Strong commercial background
- Experience in Developing and executing market access strategies aligned with company objectives
- Expert knowledge of research methodology – High level of professional expertise in the field of plant pathology with focus on the applied science of controlling diseases
- Expert knowledge of report writing Sound knowledge of staff management
- Experience in Stats programmes e.g. Statistica will be beneficial
Over and above the Management of the Pathology Research Budget, resources and staff, the successful incumbent will also act as a Representative for the company on an international scale. Therefore it is necessary that the successful incumbent is commercially astute, with experience in Consulting to and influencing Farmers, Growers and Industry Bodies.
The positon is not purely lab based; it will require Frequent International Travel, fieldwork and Liaising with various stakeholders.
For similar vacancies and more exciting opportunities please follow us on LinkedIn.
Should you meet the above minimum requirements, please submit your CV and a copy of your ID and Qualifications to caroline[at]kingsleyirons.co.za. Please quote the TITLE of this vacancy in the subject line of your email as reference. Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful. However, we will keep your details on record for suitable future roles. Thank you.