Mining Engineering Sales Manager
SALARY AND BENEFITS: R750K – R900K CTC P/A
LOCATION: JHB/North West/Limpopo
DESCRIPTION / SYNOPSIS:
The Senior Sales Manager/Engineer will be responsible for increasing sales volume within established accounts and aggressively seeking new customers by implementing planned sales strategies, company marketing programs and delivering cost effective customer service. You will assist in consulting, adapting company product to client requirements/specifications, and increasing business opportunities for the Group. The position reports directly to the CEO, with overall responsibility for your Districts Performance.
This is a Strategic Appointment and requires a qualified Engineer with strong Sales Acumen; A goal-orientated Manager who will be able to manage a team of +/- 45 employees or more.
- Qualification: Chemical Engineering Degree
- 5 – 10 years’ Experience in an Engineering/Sales role
- Strong Staff Management experience
- Mining Industry Experience and Underground experience/ Chemical Process or water treatment background
- Analytically astute and commercially minded, always searching for opportunities to network and grow.
- Good communication and people skills
- Good understanding of Mining Markets and Mining Culture.
- Must be willing to travel locally and into Africa from time to time
KPA’s will include;
- Establish, maintain and grow productive, professional relationships with key customer accounts, in order to meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives.
- New Business Development- Lead the sales team to achieve assigned Targets.
- Develop and track team performance objectives, financial targets, milestones etc.
- Report monthly to CEO on District Budgets/forecasts and sales targets
- Act as a liaison for senior leadership and the rest of the organization (Safety, Operations, and Maintenance teams) to ensure effective communication throughout.
- Report to Senior Management on District Safety performance and objectives for continual improvements.
- Team Management; Recruiting, setting objectives, coaching, mentoring, and performance monitoring
- District Manager 16.2 appointee, managing Organizational SHEQ Programme successfully in your District Operations
For similar vacancies and more exciting opportunities please follow us on LinkedIn.
Should you meet the above minimum requirements, please submit your CV and a copy of your ID and Qualifications to caroline [at]kingsleyirons.co.za. Please quote the TITLE of this vacancy in the subject line of your email as reference. Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful. However, we will keep your details on record for suitable future roles. Thank you.