SUB TITLE: Textile Graphic Designer
SALARY AND BENEFITS: R350- R550K CTC p/a neg, based on experience
DESCRIPTION / SYNOPSIS:
An established, proudly African Luxury Lifestyle and Homeware Brand, currently making waves in the international décor and fashion industries, is offering a unique career opportunity to one lucky Print and Pattern Textile designer. Based on-site at the Creative design Hub in KZN, SA, You will have the opportunity to work with world class South African Creatives and Artists, to create exclusive Line projects and Textile Collections, developed in-house, and sold all over the world.
- A bachelor’s degree\Qualification with specialization in Textile Design/Fashion Technology/Fine Art/Surface Design or equivalent
- 3 – 5 years’ Experience in Graphic Design, Digitizing, Colour Profiles and Colour Matching, textile design processes, repeat patterning, and knitted and woven design
- Understanding of different colour systems for different applications, Pantone colours etc.
- Photoshop, Illustrator and CAD design ability
- Experience in Homeware/Textiles, in an interiors environment (upholstery, soft furnishings, wallpaper etc.)
- Knowledge of textiles structures, Design and fabric construction skills, and good knowledge of the properties of different materials and dyes, production processes etc.
- Up-to-date with new design and production techniques, trends and technology
- Successful candidate must be willing to relocate.
Reporting to the Creative and Product Development Teams, you will be a Digital Artiste, responsible for bringing their artwork and vision to life!
Your knowledge, experience and technical know -how will assist the Creative and Product Development Teams in creating and preparing graphic designs that can be used in the production of knit, weave and printed fabrics or textile products, for their exclusive product lines.
This will include; understanding creative briefs, digitizing designs, creating multiple colour palettes, colour matching, arranging layouts to achieve best composition per product, and overseeing and supervising the quality and make-up of the prototype, liaising with relevant teams/suppliers to execute from sample through to Final Product finishing.
A thorough knowledge and understanding of colours and accurate colour matching for different surface applications, as well as knowledge of the properties of textiles and other mediums, will be critical to this role. The ideal candidate should be passionate, artistic, and creative, with an eye for colour, texture and pattern, and high levels of attention to detail.
This is a once in a lifetime career-launching opportunity for an aspiring talent, and one not to be missed!
For similar vacancies and more exciting opportunities please follow us on LinkedIn.
Should you meet the above minimum requirements, please submit your CV and a copy of your ID and Qualifications to caroline[at]kingsleyirons.co.za. Please quote the TITLE of this vacancy in the subject line of your email as reference. Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful. However, we will keep your details on record for suitable future roles. Thank you.